Small Volume Provers for Renewable Fuel Applications
FMD Small Volume Provers can provide significant cost savings for the Renewable Fuels industry by providing in-situ meter verification.
FMD Provers are currently in use in measurement applications worldwide. Our provers are designed per API MPMS Chapter 4 and other International standards to verify the accuracy of almost any liquid flow meter type, including Coriolis, turbine, helical turbine, PD (positive displacement), and ultrasonic.
FMD SVPs ensure accurate and repeatable proving performance and are compatible with most renewable fuel products, such as ethanol, biodiesel, renewable diesel, renewable heating oil, renewable jet fuel (sustainable aviation fuel, alternative jet fuel, biojet, biojet kerosene), renewable naphtha, and renewable gasoline.
FMD has a history of providing provers for low-temp applications. These provers have been typically installed in low-temp hydrocarbon applications and can easily transition for use in carbon dioxide (CO2), LNG, and other low temp applications.
Why Choose an FMD Small Volume Prover for your
Renewable Fuels Application?
- FMD meter provers are capable of handling extreme product temperature applications
- Optional insulation jacketing is available, maintaining consistent product temperature
- Heat tracing can easily be added on site and is fully compatible with FMD standard insulation jackets
- Optional purge cover sets are available for product temperatures below -20F
- Standard Prover designs up to 1500 ANSI
Learn More About FMD Provers for Renewable Fuels
The graph below illustrates the cost savings provided by proving with Flow MD Small Volume Provers.
FMD Small Volume Provers are designed for in situ proving of flow meters while maintaining stringent quality standards and providing accurate, reliable measurement with minimal product displacement.
Why Choose FMD Provers for Renewable Fuel Applications?
- Handles Extreme Temperature Applications
- Small Footprint
- Excellent Repeatability
- Cost Savings
- Meter Compatibility
- Fluid Compatibility
- Fast Proving Runs
- Simplified Design
- Gravimetric Water Draw
- US/CSA CLASS 1 DIV 1 40°C
- ATEX Ex d mb [ia] IIB T3 Gb -20° to 40°C
- IECEx Ex d mb [ia] IIB T3 Gb -20° to 40°C
- ISO 9001 Certification
- ISO 17025 (Flow Lab) Certification
Flow MD offers a comprehensive line of Small Volume Provers with flow capabilities from 142 BPH to 35,000 BPH. Need more information about Prover Flow Ranges and Displaced Volumes? Visit our Prover Page.