FMD offers the option for cryogenic proving. All sizes of our provers can be manufactured specifically for cryogenics. The provers are designed to satisfy requirements for LPG or other liquid gas proving.
The prover is surrounded by an insulated housing with an expansion ratio of 1:600. Cryogenic applications need to include the purge system.
Small Volume Prover Designed for Harsh Cryogenic Proving Conditions
Flow Management Devices’ line of Cryogenic Provers are designed for in situ proving of flow meters in custody transfer LNG and NGL applications while maintaining FMD’s stringent quality standards and providing accurate, reliable measurement with minimal product displacement.
- Cryogenic Fluid Allocation
- Custody Transfer
- Marine Loading Terminals
- Truck Cargo Terminals
Designed for Liquid Cryogenic:
To withstand harsh cryogenic proving conditions, FMD’s Cryogenic Prover incorporates the following features:
- Temperature Isolation of primary components from extreme temperatures
- Complete airtight dry nitrogen purging system equipped with a smart lockout safety feature
- All wetted materials 316L Stainless
- Redundant temperature verification
- Insulation package for thermal isolation of extreme cold temperatures
- Complete redesign of critical components for functionality at harsh temperatures
Flow MD’s Cryogenic line of Provers is available in sizes ranging from the FMD-007 (700 GPM) up to FMD-200 (20,000 GPM) and is capable of handling temperatures down to -320F (196C).
See chart below:
|FMD Cryogenic Prover Sizes and Flow Rates|
|*Please contact FMD to verify prover sizing. Meter type, process fluid and operating conditions must be considered to properly size a prover.|